Wednesday 29 August 2012

CONNECTING TO MY SOUL

the past 6 months i have been writing every morning, its not a journal as such, its more of a writing down my thoughts, i was inspired to do this after reading this book. I can often solve problems from writing, the thing is most of it i cannot read as the writing is so bad....i just write at speed whatever comes out, a form of automatic writing, but every so often i write a word or a thought out big and bold. This morning as i sat down to write in my normal place......





all day yesterday and particularly last night i was caught up thinking and worrying about things that i really shouldn't be worrying about, it had left me feeling rather down (i often battle with feeling down!), as i opened my writing book i was faced with these words i had written the day before.......




FOCUS ON THE RIGHT THINGS!

Well, this put things into perspective. Today i am listening to my own advice and focusing on only the good, right, things today, and oh how this has made me feel so much more at peace with myself.


This beautiful butterfly visited me this morning whilst i was writing....a very good thing indeed!  


still focusing on the right things......last week i had an exhibition with my art group at Arundel in west sussex. I was Artist in Residence for 3 days and got to paint at the entrance of the beautiful castle.


It was a very good week i sold 5 paintings :)
and i managed to paint these.


the both of me
30 x 22 inches on paper
£250


say its right
16 x 12 inches on paper




is it
very big on loose canvas

nfs



keep you safe
16 x 12 inches on card

£1300
sold



1 comment:

Ayala Art said...

2OOoOoH! I love your writing place! And the butterfly, and the castle... and the art! What a great post.
With so many things going on, it is hard to keep focused.
I have to keep reminding myself of that.